10.23.2008

we're in!!



So yesterday was a happy day for the Hovis family.  We got the call and Molly was put on the transplant list.  They said it was pretty much a no brainer, and that she would definitely need a transplant in order to survive this disease.  She's doing fine now, but over time she will progressively get worse. Nobody knows how quickly that will happen, but we are just praying that she stays infection free and that her liver can hold out until she gets a whole new set of goods.  Now all we have to do is wait and be ready to go when they say go.  God is so faithful, and we are so blessed to have come this far with her.  I stand amazed at all the opportunities this child is getting to impact the kingdom.  I never thought that I would be so incredibly proud of my 2 month old daughter, but you should see her.  She has to go through quite a bit during a 24hour period and she does so great with it all (her pacifier helps if you couldn't tell!).  I can't believe the strength she's been given.  I can't believe the strength we've
all been given.  It's just one more thing I can praise the Lord for.  Words truly cannot express how grateful we are for all the prayers thus far.  I hope your faith is growing by the day, because Molly Ann Hovis is most definitely an answer to prayer.  On a much much lighter note...Owen pooped in a big boy potty today!  That's right, my kids are ROCKSTARS!    

2 comments:

bMead said...

that truly is amazing Haley! i wish nothing but the best for you guys... please keep us updated, lol even on the "big boy" pooping

Kristen said...

Congrats to both of your kiddos!
How long is one on the list for all Molly needs? Did they give you a time frame?
*hugs*
Laters
Kristen