10.20.2008

to transplant or not to transplant...










We are back from
Nebraska, and I think it's an appropriate time for me to say just how much I love Denver.  Love it! It was a good trip overall, and they ran all the tests you could possibly run on an infant. I was so proud of how she handled it all. They won't tell us whether or not she was accepted on the transplant list until later this week, so we're just sitting ducks right now. It was good to go out there and meet the transplant team and the surgeons, and to see where I could possibly spend a good chunk of a year hanging out. I think they'll come to the same conclusion that everyone else has come to in saying that transplant is really her only option medically. If she is accepted, then the next step would be to wait for organs to become available. Once they do, it's go time. They give us 4-6 hours to get out there, and then she'll go directly into prepping for surgery. They waste no time, so we've got to have a couple plans in place to get out there quickly. After the surgery, she'll spend about 2 months in the hospital recovering and about 4 more months in Omaha. It could be more and it could be less, but that's about average. It's crazy to think that her and I would be separated from Brad and Owen for that long. They'll come visit, but it will definitely be just one more part of this journey that we'll need to depend on God for. We were given a lot of good information, and we truly do feel like Molly will be in great hands. I guess I can say that, because we know she's already in great hands. God has been so good to give us this time with her, and I'm so happy that she's doing as well as she is. I know that transplant is an option, but I know it's not the only option. If God chooses to heal her, it wouldn't be the first miracle we've seen come from Molly's life. We're hoping to bring her home sometime this week, and I so look forward to her sleeping in her own bed. Right now though, I'm off to see my son because I haven't seen him in over a week. I know he had a fun time with both sets of grandparents and probably didn't think too much about the rest of us. Thanks for praying. I'm off to steal me some kisses!

No comments: