10.08.2008

field trips for molly



Field trip # 1...
The ambulance ride from University to Children's...less than a mile, but it counts!

Field trip # 2...
Brad and I got to take her for a walk around the 4th floor.  It was the first time we were able to hold her more than 2 feet away from her bed.  It was amazing and of course I documented it with more pictures!  What kind of mom would I be if I didn't take picture after picture for the scrapbook I say I'm going to make, but probably won't get around to for 20 years?  She was off her nutrition for her 6 hour block and so we were able to plug up her g-tube for about 30 minutes and take Molly on her first walk.  She slept the whole time, but it was a very fun day for us.  

Field trip #3...
We leave for Omaha on Sunday, Oct. 12.  The doctors have come to the conclusion that she doesn't need to be 10 lbs to go to Omaha for her transplant evaluation.  She gets to go on a jet, and believe me that will be a separate scrapbook in itself!  The evaluation should last about a week, and when we get back we'll get to bring our baby home!  It's been crazy for about 2 weeks now.  I've gone in to panic mode trying to learn everything I need to learn in order for her to come home.  It's a lot, but when I'm done you can all call me Nurse Haley.  I think I might even be qualified to do her surgery myself!  Okay, maybe not but I'm seriously working hard to get this little girl home, where she belongs.  

No comments: