10.31.2008

hippos and monkeys








Today was a great day.  I got to the hospital early with Owen so I could put Molly in her Halloween costume.  It was more fun than I imagined, since I wasn't sure if she'd even be able to dress up.  I had to work around a few things like the g-tube in her belly, the line in her leg, and the heart, blood pressure, and breathing monitors!  It all worked out, and she ended up wearing a hippo towel as a costume.  It was seriously cute, and still very convenient for the nurses and I to get around.  I would hate for her (and us!) to miss out on that kind of stuff just because she's in a hospital.  One day, I fully expect Molly to look at these pictures and either giggle because she looked so cute or straight up hate me for dressing her like a really large animal!   I do look forward to the day that she can pick out any costume she wants (with daddy's approval of course), and she won't have to worry about whether or not it's handicap accessible.  One day she'll be free to do a lot of things, but right now we'll just deal with right now.  
It was also a great day because my son seriously knows how to make me laugh.  Here he is dressed up like a monkey, and he kept wanting to put Molly's costume on.  He'd say "i wan hipo" and try to yank it right out from under her.  It's good to know that regardless of Molly's condition...he's still just a big brother.  He also got to trick or treat for the first time and it didn't take long for him to realize that if he said the magic words "or teet" that people would fill his pumpkin full of "campy".  I also figured out that he doesn't like fog machines, bones/skulls, big dogs, or tow trucks!  All in a days work my friends.  Seriously though, what a blessing it is to have kids.  I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Owen experience new things and can't wait to watch Molly follow in his footsteps.  It should make for some good stories...one day.            

2 comments:

Charity Smith said...

Great post! Owen doesn't like scary Spidermen either. :-)
~ Charity Smith

Anonymous said...

so I find myself re-reading this blog... whether it is to be a reminder to LIVE and not miss the moments or just to see the sweet molly Ann truly live her life as best as she could....That is what I love about the strength that God infused in your guys' lives... you allowed Molly to LIVE... dressing her up for Halloween... oh, my heart cannot wrap around it but know my life is forever changed.