10.25.2008

free molly


So, it looks like this little girl is going to be coming home on Tuesday the 28th.  Just the thought of it makes me the happiest girl in the world!  They've told us this before, but I really think they mean it this time.  She was supposed to be home TWICE already, so if they don't plan on letting her go...I'm going to have to free Molly myself!  If a kid can do it to a really large whale named Willy, then surely I can bust out a teeny tiny little baby named Molly, right?  
The reason she's not home now, is because there were a few set backs before.  When we went to Omaha she had the start of an infection, which later led them to believe she had a Pneumonia.  She's on antibiotics right now, and they just want to make sure she finishes them and is free of any kind of infection before they send her home.  Ever since Omaha, it kind of seems like one thing after another with her health.  Nothing major, but they're definitely things that make me worry she's not quite ready to come home.  Yesterday she had her 6th blood transfusion, which is a lot in 2 months if you ask me.  She was carrying a lot of extra fluid because of something going on with her liver.  They gave her some medicine today to drain quite a bit of it off, but now she has some crazy rash on her belly and they don't know what it is.  I would never want to take her home if she wasn't healthy enough to handle it, but I would be lying if I wasn't completely ready to ditch all the nice nurses and extra stuff attached to her body just so I could snuggle with her anytime I want.  It's so hard to leave her especially when she's awake, but I know she's being taken care of.  I guess you could just be praying that they figure out what the rash is, and that they can easily treat it.  Also, that nothing else would come up that would keep her from coming home on Tuesday.  If on Wednesday you see my face on the news for stealing my own child, you know why!        

3 comments:

Kristen said...

*hugs*
I think we also had two times when we thought we could take Kivrin home from the NICU...once I stayed all week in a room with her, but she got an infection and they wanted her healthy before they sent her home. The other time, since I had already spent a week with her, they said just come in for the night and you can take her home in the morning (it was an hour's drive away)...so we packed our bags and went up...dr turned around and said you didnt get my message? we arent comfortable with her liver to send her home so we're doing some tests on monday (it was a friday night)...
THIRD TIME...I was very prepared NOT to bring her home on that one...I was in shocked the entire ride home.
Roland's class is praying for you and yours.
We hope you can bring Molly home, but I understand the desire to steal the child and the small part of you that says hey look at all the people taking care of her and I just get to snuggle her...I could get to like this :-)
Laters
Kristen

Anonymous said...

hey sister, man! you have got to be one of the coolest moms ever! your blog is very informative and has your personality all over it. i love it!!! i mean even the pictures and the back drop is cool...and a private jet for transportation! that classifies you and molly as "ultimatly" cool! i just want to throw this out there, but you could seriously write a book! your writing style is fun to read, and your faith and positive spirit are uplifting and refreshing to read. i would buy it, AND make my friends buy it! :)
we can't wait to see the fam in a couple weeks. i am so excited to finally meet my two nieces!!! and i think i will have to kiss those chubby too!
we have and will continue to pray and believe that molly's health and body will be restored 100%! now, if you want, we can pray for 110% but then you would have a superhero to raise and that is a whole other story...;) -julie

Rebecca said...

Haley,
It was so great to meet you today at Children's memorial service! I still can't believe we both have a Molly Ann waiting for us in Heaven. How awesome! I loved chatting with your mom after you guys left. It's such a small world!

I would love to get together, the four of us (Jake and me and you two) and just you and I. Your mom also said she would love to get together with my mom when she comes out sometime. Also a great idea! :)

Call me or write on my blog and we can grab coffee sometime. I can easily come to you since I don't have kids to take care of. Whatever works for you is great for me!

You guys have such a great story! God is so good and the sustainer of us all! Your Molly is beautiful, so precious, and so loved by you all!!

Can't wait to grab coffee or tea and swap stories and pictures, if you're up to it, of course.

Rebecca Mutz

rebeccacooks.blogspot.com